There are a lot of reasons to own a Rolex. Brilliantly designed and engineered, a Rolex is one of the few things you own that can be considered a family heirloom to be passed down from generation to generation. They add extra elegance to any outfit, and they never fail to make a great first impression. If you don’t yet own a Rolex, you might be wondering about where to buy a Rolex in Atlanta. Because Rolex watches are of such high quality – and are often collector’s items – you might consider buying a used Rolex instead of a new one. With no drop-in quality, a used Rolex is a great way to save some money while also adding something truly distinctive to your wardrobe. Here are some things you should be aware of when it’s time to look for a used Rolex in Atlanta.
Take Your Time
Buying a used Rolex should be a joyful experience. You’re buying one of the most finely crafted timepieces in the world, so you’ll want to do the legwork necessary to make sure you’re buying a watch you truly love. You’ll want to study every prospective watch to see that it’s the highest possible quality and compare prices, so you know that you’re being treated fairly. Finally, you’ll need to look for signs that could signal that the watch your considering is actually a fake.
Signs You Might Be Looking at a Fake Rolex
Most of the time, fake Rolexes aren’t made to the highest standards and will look as fake and chintzy. There are a few telltale indications, however, that a “Rolex” is not, in fact, a Rolex.
- Ticking – Rolex watches “tick” approximately 4 to 6 times per second, lending them the illusion of a smooth second hand. If a watch “ticks” once per second – like most watches – it’s almost certainly counterfeit.
- Weight – Rolexes are made of only the highest-quality metals, and you can feel it when it’s in your hand. Hold all prospective watches to see if they’re too light.
- Serial Numbers – As with everything in a Rolex, serial numbers are finely etched and clear to the observer. A sloppy stamp or poorly etched serial number is a sure indication of a forgery.
- The Face – Rolex faces have several unique characteristics you should look for. In particular, take note of the “Cyclops” lens above the date window. It should provide 2.5x magnification, so if it appears relatively flat with little or no magnification, you should be suspicious.
- The Price – Rolex watches are expensive. If you find your dream watch offered at a price that’s too good to be true, then it probably is.
The best way to ensure that you’re getting a genuine, high-quality Rolex is by shopping at a trustworthy seller of Rolex watches in Atlanta like Élan Diamond Group. We offer a wide selection of all the major fine watch brands, including Rolex, so you’re certain to walk away with the timepiece of your dreams. Visit our Atlanta location and take a look around or call us at (404) 620-2066 today.