Rolex wristwatches are very versatile as you can wear them on any occasion. The ones with a classy, iconic look are a must-have at formal events, and those with a trendy aesthetic give your daily ensemble a much-needed boost. But, shopping for a timepiece is an overwhelming experience because of the many options you can choose from. Featured below are 5 great watches with red dials from their Day-Date line. Learn about the collection by reading on.
The Rolex Day-Date Watches
Launched in 1956, the Day-Date debuted as the first-ever waterproof and self-winding chronometer wristwatch that features a pair of calendar windows. One indicates the date, while the other shows a spelled out day of the week. The timepiece is the last flagship model designed by Rolex founder Hans Wilsdorf, and many believe that it’s his greatest achievement.
Over the years, the watch became available in a range of sizes, precious metals, and colorways. Some even have rubies or diamonds as hour markers. And, while the semi-circular links are a signature design element of Day-Date’s bracelets, Rolex now offers Oyster or leather bands on select models. The product line has since been a popular item in stores that sell gold and diamond jewelry.
Rolex Cherry Index Collection
The Rolex Day-Date line has a range of watches with beautiful, deep red dials that you’ll surely love. This is the Cherry Index group, which features a midsize 36mm case and a 31-jewel chronometer known as the caliber 3155. It has a self-winding mechanism that runs at 28,800 vibrations per hour (VpH) for about 48 hours on a full wind. The individual pieces of the collection are as follows:
- 118139 Cherry Index Leather – The line’s reference 118139 model is made of 18-karat white gold, which possesses a captivating radiance that lasts for decades. It also has a fluted bezel that gives the wristwatch the iconic Rolex look. Of all the timepieces in the collection, this is the only one with a matching red Bordeaux-colored leather band.
- 118239 Cherry Index Oyster – Second on the list is reference 118239, also made of 18-karat white gold and designed with a fluted bezel. The timepiece has an Oysterlock clasp and Oyster bracelet, which uses Rolex’s iconic three-link design. It wears great on the wrist and leaves a lasting impression on friends, family, and business associates.
- 118239 Cherry Index President – Next is reference 118239; it’s made exactly like the Cherry Index Oyster, except for one thing. Instead of the Oyster band, the timepiece has Rolex’s President bracelet that’s specifically created for the Day-Date watches. It has a three-piece, semi-circular link design that appears more delicate and elegant than the others.
- 118206 Cherry Index President – Reference 118206is one of the two most expensive items in the Cherry Index group, second to reference 118346. It’s made of platinum, which Rolex enhanced with the rare metal ruthenium for strength and shine. The watch has a domed bezel, which softens the look of the timepiece.
- 118346 Cherry Index President – This last item is the most expensive on the list – and for a good reason. Aside from its platinum case, its bezel is encrusted with scratch-resistant Sapphire. It perfectly matches the exquisite design of the President bracelet.
Best Place to Buy a Rolex
There are endless ways to buy Rolex timepieces, and every purchase will cost you a lot. Also, getting a particular watch from their store won’t be that easy. The brand intentionally limits the supply of a few models, so you have to sign up on a year-long waitlist.
Purchase new or pre-owned certified Rolex watches from Elan Diamond Group. They’re trusted dealers selling gold in Atlanta, and they typically buy high-end timepieces and trade them.